Saturday, July 19, 2014

Colette Parfait #2

 
This is my second Colette Parfait (see the first one here) of the season and my favorite of the two.  I used this Liberty of London fabric as a lining for my Colette Albion.  I loved it so much I wanted to make a dress out of it.  It disappeared from the www.fabric.com website for a little bit but once it reappeared I snatched it up. 


 
I underlined my last Parfait with muslin but I chose a white batiste for this one. I found it at a big box store and was pleasantly surprised by how much I like it.  And the price!
 

 


I think I'm going to make a winter version of this dress in a red wool crepe and wear it over a shirt.  I hadn't thought about it as a winter dress until I read the packaging.  I think the pockets are darling but you can't really see them in the busy prints I've chosen.  Maybe I'll find some way to bedazzle them in a solid color fabric.

I like the back of the dress a lot.

 
I'm pleasantly surprised by how often I've been wearing the dresses I've made this summer. I feel like my productivity rate is the highest it's ever been.  That must have something to do with the fact that I'm making more than one version of each pattern and therefore don't have to fool around with fitting issues.



2 comments:

  1. I can appreciate your talents as a beginning seamstress, but now it seems you are becoming an expert in designing patterns and material for everyday clothing that you actually wear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this version too! And yes, there are many wonderful benefits to making the same pattern repeatedly--particularly with fitting. You created another fabulous dress!

    ReplyDelete