Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Me-Made-May'14 Challenge


I wanted to participate in the Me-Made-May challenge last year but I didn't because I have very few summer appropriate articles of handmade clothing.  As of right now I have 3 shirts and 1 dress that I can wear during my regular daily activities (going to parks, hiking through the woods, throwing rocks in ponds, hunting for bugs to put in our bug jars, etc).


I'm a RTW Faster this year and I wanted to use this year to really focus on making clothing that I can wear more than occasionally.  So far I've made two wool coats, a dress, a tshirt and I'm in the process of making a silk dress to wear to a wedding.  I did wear the wool coats a lot in the cold months and I wear the tshirt a lot but the dresses are not everyday dresses. Oops.

I'm not letting my lack of handmade clothing stop me this year. I have decided that I'm going to participate but my focus will be more on making clothing during the month of May that I can actually wear during my regular life instead of attempting to wear an article of clothing I've made every day.  Having said that, this is my pledge:

 I, Andrea of www.evolutionofasewinggoddess.blogspot.com, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '14. I endeavour to wear handmade two times per week for the duration of May 2014.  Additionally, and most importantly, I will sew at least three articles of clothing suitable for my every day lifestyle and not something that I will wear only occasionally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment